Microcurrent Non Surgical Facelift
As we age, our facial muscles naturally start to lose their tone and elasticity which causes our facial skin to wrinkle and sag. The rate of skin cell renewal decreases with age, which leads to a breakdown of Elastin and Collagen. Elastin is what enables our skin to stretch and snap back and Collagen gives our skin strength.
Also over the many years of making certain facial expressions, our faces can get “stuck” in these positions and wrinkles start to form as ‘expression’ lines. Activities such as frowning or bad habits such as pursing your lips when smoking can increase these lines.
By our mid forties, our upper cheek muscles become elongated, which drags the skin downward over the cheeks to form plump little areas at the corners of the mouth. The muscles under the chin may also become loose due to atrophy which leads to sagging and the jaw line can lose it’s contour.
Also at this age, the body’s lymphatic system begins to slow down which makes it more difficult for our bodies to eliminate toxins. Lymphatic drainage is the way our bodies get rid of toxins. As we age, the speed of lymphatic drainage decreases and the elastic fibres that support the lymph glands break down. This can result in puffiness around our checks and eyes.
Microcurrent is a painless treatment and is also known as “the non surgical face lift”. This is due to the remarkable lifting effect that micro-current has on the facial muscles.
Microcurrent therapy was originally developed in the 1980s to treat Bell’s palsy where the muscle tone was restored by applying tiny microcurrent impulses to the muscles.
During each microcurrent treatment up to 32 facial muscles are gently manipulated and re-educated. Soft cotton tipped wands (probes) are used on the face to transmit the microcurrent impulses in to the facial muscles to restore the elasticity and tone. The treatment smooths, tightens, lifts and tones.
The microcurrent machine delivers tiny electrical impulses that mirrors our body’s own natural bio electrical currents. This triggers chemical reactions at cellular level. Some people may experience a slight tingling sensation but it is not painful.
The results can be visible after just the very first treatment but a course of treatments is recommended. After a course of microcurrent facial toning treatments, the face will look toned and lifted. A monthly top up treatment is recommended to maintain results.
Microcurrent treatments have been shown to have a number of benefits:
- It re-educates facial muscles
- It increases blood and lymph circulation
- It improves the penetration of the active ingredients of skin care formulations
- It increases the production of collagen and elastin
- It diminishes the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- It improves the muscle tone in the face and neck
At Sanctuary Hair and Beauty Denny, our 1 hour long Microcurrent Non Surgical Facelifts comprise of:
- Superfical Cleanse
- Deep Cleanse
- Microcurrent treatment
Clients go through a series of microcurrent treatments followed by regular maintenance to keep a more youthful appearance. The number of sessions depends on the client age and on your skin tissue and muscle tone at the time you start. The following are general and approximate guidelines for frequency of treatment:
- Aged 20 to 30 years old – An occasional preventative treatment, to slow down the aging process.
- Aged 30 to 35 years old – An initial series of 6 microcurrent facials, once per week. Maintenance facials every 6-8 weeks.
- Aged 35 to 40 years old – An initial series of 8 to 10 microcurrent facials, once to twice per week. Maintenance facials every 6-8 weeks.
- Aged 40 to 50 years old – An initial series of 10 to12 microcurrent facials, once to twice per week. Maintenance facials every 4-6 weeks.
- Aged 50 to 60 years old – An initial series of 12 to 15 microcurrent facials, once to twice per week. Maintenance facials every 4-6 weeks.
- 60 plus years old: Initial series of 15 to18 microcurrent facials, ideally twice per week. Maintenance facials every 4 weeks.
Individuals with the following should not receive microcurrent:
Package deals available. Call us on 01324 228099 to book.